It’s easy to make crisp, clean audio recordings on your smartphone. Here are a few tips:
1. Surround yourself with pillows, rugs, sofas, etc. If you can, make the recording under a duvet! Seriously, it works!
2. Wear natural clothes. Synthetic clothes make sounds that the microphone picks up
3. If you can, use a lapel mic plugged into your smartphone. Attach the mic to your chest, above your heart
4. If you don’t have a lapel mic, hold your smartphone out in front of your chest about 30cm away
5. Practice the beginnings and ends of recordings – aim to eliminate long spaces and extra sounds
6. Speak slowly! More slowly than feels natural…
7. Keep it simple. A viewpoint should contain one, single narrative. Don’t try to fit in multiple stories. (Make a new viewpoint for each one!)
8. Express your personality! People don’t want to hear an actor, they want to hear a real human being – you!
HAVE FUN 🙂